PEER-REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS AND WORKING PAPERS
- Amaya, A.B. and De Lombaerde, P. (2019). Multi-level health governance and health diplomacy: Regional dimensions. Regions & Cohesion, 9(1): 86-92.
- Amaya, A.B., Kingah, S. and De Lombaerde, P. (2019). The role of regional health diplomacy on data sharing: The SADC and UNASUR cases. Regions & Cohesion, 9(1): 93-132.
- Samuels, F., Amaya, A.B. and Balabanova, D. (2017). "Drivers of health system strengthening: learning from implementation of maternal and child health programmes in Mozambique, Nepal and Rwanda". Health Policy and Planning, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/heapol/czx037
- Loewenson R., Flores W., Amaya A., London L. and Koffa Kun, K. (2017). "Skills building on methods and tools for learning from action in participatory action research: Building action learning within affected actors and communities". EQUINET Working paper. Available at: http://www.equinetafrica.org/sites/default/files/uploads/documents/HSG%20PAR%20session%20on%20learning%20from%20action%20Rep2016.pdf
- Kingah, S., Amaya, A.B. and van Langenhove, L. (2016). “What is necessary for effective EU leadership that can promote (inter) regionalism in Science and Cultural Diplomacy with the South?”. El-CSID Working paper. Available at: http://cris.unu.edu/requirements-effective-european-leadership-science-and-cultural-diplomacy-inter-regionalism-south
- Amaya, A. B., Rollet, V. and Kingah, S. (2015). “What’s in a word? The framing of health at the regional level: ASEAN, EU, SADC and UNASUR”. Global Social Policy, 15(3): 229-260.
- Amaya, A.B., Gotsadze, G. and Chikovani, I. (2015). “The road to sustainability: Transition preparedness assessment framework”. Curatio International Foundation: Tbilisi.
- Amaya, A.B., Cabral, C.R., Clavell, E.,... Ueleres, J. (2015). Measuring the Progress and Success of Regional Health Policies: PRARI Toolkit of Indicators for the Union of South American Nations (UNASUR). The Open University: Milton Keynes. December 2015.
- Amaya, A.B., Choge, I., De Lombaerde, P.,...., Phirinyane, M. (2015) Measuring regional policy change and pro-poor health policy success: A PRARI Toolkit of Indicators for the Southern African Development Community (SADC). The Open University: Milton Keynes. December 2015.
- Amaya, A. B., Kingah, S. and De Lombaerde, P. (2015). “Multi-level pro-poor health governance, statistical information flows, and the role of international organisations in South America and Southern Africa”. PRARI Working Paper 15-1. Available at: http://www.open.ac.uk/socialsciences/prari/files/working_paper_1_en.pdf
- Amaya, A.B. and Yeates, N. (2015). “Participatory Action Research: new users, new contexts, new challenges”. PRARI Working Paper 15-6. Available at: http://www.open.ac.uk/socialsciences/prari/files/working_paper_6_en.pdf
- Gotsadze, T., Amaya, A.B., Chikovani, I. and Gotsadze, G. (2015). “Transition from Global Fund support and programmatic sustainability research in four CEE/CIS countries: Synthesis report”. Curatio International Foundation: Tbilisi.
- Rollet, V. and Amaya, A. B. (2015). “EU and TPNs in health governance: EU and Global Fund interaction as a case study”. Contemporary Politics, 21(3): 258-272.
- Amaya, A. B., Caceres, C., Spicer, N. and Balabanova, D. (2014) “After the Global Fund: who can sustain the HIV/AIDS response in Peru and how?” Global Public Health, 9(1): 176-97.
- Samuels, F., Amaya, A. B., Rodriguez Pose, R. and Balabanova, D. (2014). “Pathways to progress: a multi-level approach to strengthening health systems”. ODI Development Progress Dimension Paper No. 1. London: Overseas Development Institute.
- Amaya A. B., Caceres, C., Sandoval, C. and Valverde, X. (2013) “A critical analysis of Peru’s HIV grant proposals to the Global Fund”, Global Public Health, 8(10): 1123-1137.
- Amaya, A. B. (2008) Background paper for the “Global Partnerships for enhancing public health in developing Countries” expert group meeting. New York City: United Nations.
- Amaya, A. B., Yeates, N. (2018). Making social policy internationally: a participatory research perspective. In Peter Beresford and Sarah Carr (Ed.), Social policy first hand An international introduction to participatory social welfare (pp. 320). Policy Press.
- Amaya, A. B., Caceres, C.F., Spicer, N. & Balabanova, D. (2015). After the Global Fund: Who can sustain the HIV/AIDS response in Peru and how? In N. J. Kenworthy & R. Parker (Eds.), HIV scale-up and the politics of global health (pp. 173-194). New York, NY: Routledge.
- Amaya, A.B., Cabral, C., Coitino, A. et al. (2015). “Monitoring pro-Poor Health Policy Success in UNASUR”. PRARI Policy Brief No. 6, The Open University. Milton Keynes. Available at: http://www.open.ac.uk/socialsciences/prari/files/policy_brief_6_en.pdf
- Amaya, A.B., Bagapi, K., Choge, I. et al (2015). “Monitoring pro-Poor Health Policy Success in the SADC Region”. PRARI Policy Brief No. 7, The Open University. Milton Keynes. Available at: http://www.open.ac.uk/socialsciences/prari/files/policy_brief_7_en.pdf
- Amaya, A.B. and Kingah, S. (2016). "What is Necessary for Effective Leadership that Can Promote (Inter)-Regionalism in Science and Cultural Diplomacy with the South?". EL-CSID. Available at: https://www.el-csid.eu/single-post/2016/05/25/What-is-necessary-for-effective-EU-leadership-that-can-promote-inter-regionalism-in-Science-and-Cultural-Diplomacy-with-the-South-1
- Amaya, A.B. and Herrero, B. (2015). “Regional Organizations and Food Safety: Lessons from South America”. Our World. Available at: http://ourworld.unu.edu/en/regional-organizations-and-food-safety-lessons-from-south-america
- Amaya, A. B. (2014). “Paving the way for Universal Health Coverage”. ODI Development Progress. Available at: http://www.developmentprogress.org/blog/2014/12/12/paving-way-universal-health-coverage
- Amaya, A. B. and Kingah, S. (2014). “Seeking answers about health on day for the eradication of poverty”. Our World. Available at: http://ourworld.unu.edu/en/seeking-answers-about-health-on-day-for-the-eradication-of- poverty
- Kingah, S. and Amaya, A. B. (2014). “Fixing the weakest link in global health governance”. Our World. Available at: http://ourworld.unu.edu/en/fixing-the-weakest-link-in-global-health-governance
- Amaya, A. B. (2013). “Blood, aid and sustainability: The case of HIV in Peru”. International Health Policies. Available at: http://e.itg.be/ihp/archives/blood-aid-sustainability-case-hiv-peru/